Easy and healthy pumpkin soup
The arrival of autumn means the arrival of soups and pottages. Here is an easy to make, nutritious, flavorful and vegan fall soup recipe idea!
- First, heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until it's soft and translucent (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add the garlic and ginger, then the cauliflower, broth, and pumpkin. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for about 25-30 minutes (or until the cauliflower florets are tender). Isn't that easy?!
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup (or transfer the soup to a regular blender to puree).
- Next, stir in the coconut milk (or heavy cream, if you prefer a non-vegan option).
- Any chunks of fat in the coconut milk will instantly melt right into the soup for a perfectly smooth and creamy consistency!