BACK TO SCHOOL – 6 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR ENERGY UP
It’s too early to talk about the school year. That’s what we always tell ourselves. But this is exactly the right time. Summer is in full swing. You are enjoying the sun and the outdoors. Your energy is at its peak. Perfect! You wouldn’t want all this great energy to suddenly vanish in the whirlwind of the back-to-school period, would you?
How can you make the benefits of summer vacation last as long as possible? How can you return to work and get the kids back to school without too much stress? How can you go back to your daily routine without being exhausted? Here are 6 tips to resume your routine smoothly.
1. MANAGE YOUR ENERGY: PREPARE!
- The back-to-school season is a new beginning. Take this opportunity to reflect on the past year. You will be able to assess what you want to improve for your household’s organization and scheduling.
- By starting right away, you will have time to prepare. Make a list of everything there is to do for your return to work, back-to-school for the kids, sports and cultural registrations, etc. Then divide the various tasks on a calendar.
- Do not wait until the last minute to prepare, including stocking up on school supplies and making other back-to-school purchases! This will greatly help reduce your stress and preserve your energy.
2. FEED YOUR ENERGY: EAT HEALTHY!
Summer vacation makes it easy to indulge in treats of all kinds. After eating more freely all summer, it is now time to resume a healthy diet, eat at regular hours and avoid snacking.
Choose a quality diet that will provide the fuel you need to keep neurons awake and muscles energetic. Here are a few suggestions:
- Fruits and vegetables. Take advantage of the current abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat them raw to get the most out of their vitamins and minerals.
- Foods that contain omega 3. To help your brain function to its full capacity, give priority to fatty fish such as salmon, trout, tuna, sardines, etc., as well as flax and chia seeds, etc.
- Quality proteins. Fish, chicken, meat and dairy products, legumes, seeds and nuts help nourish nerve and muscle cells, which help you better recover after exercising or intellectual work sessions.
- Whole grains. Whole grain cereals and breads provide fuel to your muscles while supporting you in your physical activities.
- Avoid: Foods high in carbohydrates such as white bread, white pasta, commercial cereals and, of course, sugar and sweets!
3. SUSTAIN YOUR ENERGY: RESTORE A SLEEP SCHEDULE!
This is not a tip that is good only for children, it’s also good for adults!
- Start restoring a schedule at least one week before returning to your routine. Make bedtime one hour earlier each day and wake up 15 minutes earlier until you reach the appropriate schedule.
- The sooner you and your children readjust, the easier it will be to get back to work and school.
4. RENEW YOUR ENERGY: EXERCISE!
Physical activity provides energy. It helps reduce attention deficit, memory problems, anxiety and depression.
- Chose a physical activity that you enjoy and which you can easily incorporate into your schedule.
- Pourquoi ne pas opter pour le transport actif en allant au travail ou à l’école à pied ou à bicyclette?
- Why not opt for active transportation by walking or riding your bike to work or school?
The recommendation is 150 minutes per week for adults and 60 minutes per day for children aged 5 to 17. It’s up to you and your children to do more by practising a sport of your choosing: jogging, cycling, swimming, training at the gym, etc.
5. SAVE YOUR ENERGY: CONTROL YOUR STRESS!
Taking time for yourself on a daily basis is essential. Among other things, meditation is a good way to control stress and maintain energy.
- Starting today, take 15 minutes just for yourself to refocus and not think of anything. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Meditation requires training. By starting now, it will be much easier to meditate in stressful periods and reap all the benefits.
6. EXTEND YOUR ENERGY: KEEP SOME OF THE SUMMER FUN!
The back-to-school season may be near but summer isn’t over yet! For a smooth return to your routine, keep enjoying moments of relaxation alone, as a couple or as a family. Think about activities: picnic, park outings, hiking, dining out, going to a movie, etc
A BOOST FROM ADRIEN GAGNON!
In times of intense activity, you may still run out of energy and feel fatigue despite all your good lifestyle habits. To meet those specific needs and regain your energy, here are a few suggestions from the Adrien Gagnon team to help you stay energetic and healthy.
Energex – Powder. Ideal for people with a steady work pace, this supplement combines the qualities of a multivitamin and energy drink. It is formulated to quickly give you a boost of energy and mental alertness throughout the entire day. Available in three flavours: lemon-lime, orange and mixed berries.
Super Energex+ Capsules. Ideal for students during exams, for people whose work is intellectual and stressful and for people who are tired and overworked. This energizing formula targets intellectual performance and mental abilities and helps counter physical fatigue as a bonus.
Super Energex – Ampoules. Recommended for active people who must be effective at work right from the start of the day and who must have enough energy in the evening for family life or the gym. It provides a quick energizing effect and long-term revitalizing effect to help fight fatigue and stress all day long. Available in two flavours: caramel and orange.
Multivitamin for Kids. Recommended for children aged 1 to 17 who are picky eaters, this multivitamin helps support their immune system and child growth, keep bones and teeth healthy and maintain overall good health. It is available in bear-shaped gummies with delicious fruit flavours.